Since its early years, the University of Alberta has avidly collected artwork and historical artifacts for exhibition, teaching and research.
The Art Collection now contains approximately 9,000 works of art, including paintings, prints, drawings, and sculptures by Canadian and international artists. The collection also includes works from University of Alberta staff and Master of Fine Arts graduate students. Also part of the collection are ethnographic and historical artifacts related to the University of Alberta.
Location and Access
- The collection can be accessed by students, faculty, researchers, and members of the public by appointment.
- Contact Museums and Collections Services 780.492.5834 to arrange an appointment or tour.
- Highlights of the collection can be seen throughout the University of Alberta campus, both inside and outside of buildings, at the Print Study Centre, and downtown at Enterprise Square.
- The Print Study Centre is open by appointment. Please contact Matthew Hills to arrange access 780.492.4385.
- The art collection is frequently exhibited at the Enterprise Square Galleries, main floor, 10230 Jasper Ave. Current exhibitions